[MPlayer-users] BUG: Lockup when seeking in MPEG transport streams

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sat Sep 27 11:15:55 CEST 2003

> I posted  some patches in mplayer-dev-eng (only the last of which you should
> consider) some week ago regarding demux_ts, but they shouldn't affect
> seeking.
> I'll look into it.

Oh ok, I'll have a look - thanks for that!

The problems seem to be worst when it's been playing for a while and then I
seek forward a few minutes fairly quickly (by pressing the up/right arrow a
few times) - but after I've been seeking forward, if I immediately seek
backwards then it almost immediately locks up.

Oh, and it only seems to do it in fullscreen -vo xv, if it's in a window it
seems to be fine.  And when it does lock up, it seems as though only a bit of
the overlay is visible, because I can see my desktop in the bottom half of
the screen (which is how I can click in the xterm running mplayer to press
Ctrl + C.)

Cheers,
Adam.