[MPlayer-users] vf_delogo - Is anyone playing with this

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Mon Sep 29 11:02:12 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 03:04:16PM +1200, Steven Ellis wrote:
>
>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>Just heard about this new filter, and I wondered how it compares with some
>>of the watermark/logo removal filters in Virtual Dub and other windows
>>tools.
>

> It absolutely sucks. :)

Yes, it sucks about the same way as the LogoAway filter for VirtualDub :)

> Seriously, all it does is linear interpolate over top of the logo,
> making a huge ugly blur in its place. :(

Unfortunately, I haven't yet seen a (freely available) logo removing
filter producing an acceptable picture. DeLogo for VirtualDub can detect
the shape of the logo, but it requires a tedious setup procedure and the
final results aren't in fact so much better as you have usually to
choose a huge blur to make the artifacts disappear.

--
Jindrich Makovicka