[MPlayer-users] Segfault when using Trellis quantization

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Tue Sep 30 10:35:41 CEST 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Jose FC wrote:

>> > but when I enable Trellis quantization, Mencoder segfault's at the very
>> > beginning of the encoding process.

Try compiling Mplayer without optimization and with debug info
(use something like CFLAGS="-O0 -g" ./configure; make except
that I'm not sure how easy it's to compile mplayer with custom flags).
The crash may likely go away when not using optimization... in
that case compile with normal optimization but still with debug
info (CFLAGS="-O3 -g").

Then load mencoder with gdb:
# gdb mencoder
> set args <put your mencoder options here>
> run
[gdb should now display that it segfaulted, and the line.
copy them and send on this list]
> bt
[copy the backtrace info too]

If you're able to do this, it'll help greatly debugging.

Btw, recently mplayer has given me too also often segfaults. Seems to be
related to Xvideo (with -vo x11 seems to go away). Strange, I should
investigate more I guess (1.0preXX).