[MPlayer-users] [ws] shared memory extension error

Martin Jungowski jungowsk at in.tum.de
Tue Sep 30 17:36:50 CEST 2003

Hi,

I compiled MPlayer 1.0-pre1 (had that very same error with 0.90 though)
on my Debian unstable system, Kernel 2.4.21, X 4.2.1, gcc 3.3.2, libc6
2.3.2-8, AMD Opteron 144, 1024MB of RAM, ATI Radeon 7000.
The problem is though that it ain't working. Neither mplayer nor
gmplayer, gmplayer crashes with the error messages [ws] shared memory
extension error and mplayer crashes with signal 6 in module
decode_video.

I'm getting that very same crash when installing mplayer-686 via apt-get
btw. I can remember that a long time ago, I used to run mplayer on that
box just fine... then apparantly something happened (all I did was swap
the video card) and that was it.

Is this a known bug and do you guys happen to know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
MJ