[MPlayer-users] mencoder frame-based selection on MPEG2 files

Nico nsabbi at tiscali.it
Thu Apr 1 20:46:20 CEST 2004

Bruno Harbulot wrote:

> --- Nico <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote: > Bruno Harbulot
>

>>you can remux the stream as DVD using replex or
>>dvb-mplex and GOPchop  /
>>avidemux2 it www.metzlerbros.de
>>

>I tried that but it didn't work either. Acutally, the
>file I've got has already been "replexed". I think I
>found out one part of the problem: tcprobe , mplayer
>and replex say "6000 kbit/s" for the video stream, but
>this isn't true according to the file size and running
>time. (On this particular file, it's about 3900
>kbits/s). It seems that "-ss" uses the incorrect value
>(which must be somewhere in some sort of header, I
>guess). Is there any way to force another bitrate
>and/or to correct the file so that it actually
>contains the right bitrate?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bruno.

try dvdpatcher, but it's for windows, and it only works for mpeg-ps.
The right fix for mplayer is at the TS demuxer layer (assuming your file
is mpeg-ts): calculate the real
bitrate based on the PCR, assuming you have the PCR (if you are lucky
it's in the video stream, otherwise
you may or may not have it). Currently I don't have time to do it.