[MPlayer-users] Re: Does radeon_vid.so support Radeon 9600XT cards?

Nyk Tarr nyk at giantx.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 18:37:54 CEST 2004

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 11:26:22AM +0200, Sebastian Kaps wrote:
> Hi Nyk!
>
> >> It works for me. But video output on the tv out is not possible with the
> >> vidix driver, is it?
> > I couldn't get it to work, except with vesa/svga, but see other post...
>
> I can use the tv out with gl2 and x11 (I can't remember if I tried
> vesa). The problem is that it doesn't seem to perform very well
> (nocticable especially on pan shots). I haven't tried with dr=no yet,
> maybe that's faster.

It's easy to get things confused here: I'm using XFree86 with the DRI
radeon driver and not the firegl drivers (not much of the time,
anyway...) and am watching vids mostly on console. The vesafb console
works fine with the tv out as does the firegl X, the dri X I can't get
to work with it. I get good speed with all options ATM (Athlon 1600+
IIRC).

I dual boot so I don't use the 3d stuff in Linux...

--
/__
\_|\/