[MPlayer-users] coding into mpeg

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Apr 6 18:26:21 CEST 2004

[ David ] wrote:

> Alle Mon April 5 2004 18:05, The Wanderer ha scritto:
>
>> [ David ] wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to code some jpeg into a mpeg (not a mpeg 4 but only
>>> a mpeg). Which is the string ?
>>>
>>> I use
>>> mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=25  -audiofile suono.wav -ovc lavc
>>> -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy -o movie.avi
>>>
>>> but with this I obtain a DivX.
>>>
>>> Anyone can help me ?
>>
>> Add '-of mpeg' to your commandline. This won't necessarily solve
>> all your problems, but it will give you an MPEG container instead
>> of an AVI.
>
> and what if I would like to code some jpeg whitout the DivX codec ?

???

What codec would you like to use? You have to output into *some* format.
The resulting video file can be either in an MPEG container or in an AVI
container (or others if support is ever added), but the video itself has
to use some codec, and MPEG-4 is AFAIK one of the best (particularly
libavcodec's implementation).

I suppose what I'm asking is, what end product do you want? What are you
trying to get out of the process, once you've completed it?

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.