[MPlayer-users] mplayer > 1.x doesn't recognize my radeon card with vidix

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Thu Apr 8 21:18:30 CEST 2004

hi,

after quite a while i again tried replacing my 0.9 version of mplayer with a
current one, but it strangely fails to detect my radeon card using vidix.
0.9 does that fine, 0.9 somehow doesn't find my alsa during configure and
i'd like to upgrade, anyway.

i use a radeon 7500 and the error-message is: can't find working vidix
driver. the dareon driver is probed, as i can see with -v.

i also tried the cvs-version, but this one also doesn't do the job.

is that a common problem?

regards,
/jc