[MPlayer-users] [Fwd: Re: [Dri-devel] Savage XvMC]

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Fri Apr 9 09:16:18 CEST 2004

Hi,
Sorry MPlayer atm support XvMC acceleration only with FFmpeg mpegvideo,
so you need to use this command line
   mplayer -vo xvmc -vc ffmpeg12mc file.mpg
if this works, then you may try
   mplayer -vo xvmc:queue -vc ffmpeg12mc file.mpg

The problem comes from the fact that video output driver
is preinit-ed before the rest of the video system, and
on preinit only test if XvMC acceleration is available.
The decoder (and stream) is done later.

Possible workaround, to make XvMC support Xv.

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive