[MPlayer-users] Re: Unknown block type, possibly non-MPEG stream!

Andres Heinloo andres at gfz-potsdam.de
Sat Apr 10 15:45:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

no, I didn't find a solution, but I figured out a couple of workarounds.
It seems that "-of mpeg" simply does not work when normalizing frame rate,
because all duplicate frames result in this error (I guess the block type
of duplicate frames is not set correctly). So there are following
possibilities:

1. Don't use "-of mpeg" when normalizing frame rate. If you need mpeg,
   convert the resulting avi back to mpeg (which of course causes some
   quality loss).

2. Buy a better videoconverter (Hauppauge sucks!) that has the "locked
   audio" feature, so the frame rate will be exact and don't need
   normalizing.

Andres.