[MPlayer-users] RE: Welcome to the "MPlayer-users" mailing list

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 18:19:43 CEST 2004

robert.szabo at vodafone.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all: Yes I read all the available documents...  :)
> But still have problem with compiling Mplayer 1.0pre3
>
> During compile I've got following message:
> make -C libmpcodecs
> make[1]: Entering directory `/temp/MPlayer-1.0pre3/libmpcodecs'
> cc -c -O4 -march=k6-2 -mcpu=k6-2 -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -I. -Inative -I.. -I../libmpdemux -I../loader  -D_GNU_SOURCE -I../libmpflac -o vd_lcl.o vd_lcl.c
> vd_lcl.c: In function `init':
> vd_lcl.c:222: error: `Z_NO_COMPRESSION' undeclared (first use in this function)
> vd_lcl.c:222: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> vd_lcl.c:222: error: for each function it appears in.)
> vd_lcl.c:222: error: `Z_BEST_COMPRESSION' undeclared (first use in this function)
> make[1]: *** [vd_lcl.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/temp/MPlayer-1.0pre3/libmpcodecs'
> make: *** [libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a] Error 2
>
> I've some idea about maybe zlib missing

This does indeed look like the problem. For some reason, configure is
detecting zlib and enabling the appropriate parts of the code, but zlib
is not actually there (or at least not actually usable).

Where on your system is zlib.h? Does it in fact define those two terms?
If so, simply adding
'--with-extraincdir=/path/to/directory-with-zlib.h'
(on my system, it'd be '--with-extraincdir=/usr/include', but that's
automatically searched anyway) to your ./configure command line ought to
fix the problem. If not, I don't know if I can help you - I know how I'd
go about working on the problem on my own machine, but I don't think I
can do that remotely.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.