[MPlayer-users] probably my usual stupid question of the week

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Apr 16 09:00:06 CEST 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:29:36 -0400
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> There are tricks to get mencoder to compute them
> for you, but it won't align them at multiple-of-16 boundaries so
> you're best to just figure out the right size yourself.

Attached is a small, simple patch to modify cropdetect to round down to
the nearest multiple of 16.  Not really made to be comitted, just
something that makes my life easier (I'd rather do the math in C than in
my shell scripts that invoke mplayer).

Also patches mplayer.c to solve the problem of dumpstream adding extra
bits, that makes mpeg video dumps from an AVI file unusable.