[MPlayer-users] 2 pass encoding / encode sound twice?

Aaron Peterson aaron at alpete.com
Fri Apr 16 18:34:18 CEST 2004

I've been getting better results, as one would expect, with two pass
encoding.  I have been using the exact same options for both passes,
including -oac mp3lame -lameopts preset=standard.  Because I don't know
whether divx2pass.log keeps a/v sync information, I don't know whether
this must be done, or whether I could use -oac copy or perhaps even
-nosound on the first pass from which the output goes to /dev/null anyway.
 this, I assume would cut down on encoding time for the first pass since
it wouldn't be encoding audio.  Does divx2pass.log keep a/v sync info?  or
just info to help encode better video on the 2nd pass?  Do I need to
encode audio twice?

Aaron