[MPlayer-users] vbitrate command isn't respected

rds_correia rds_correia at sapo.pt
Sun Apr 18 18:39:53 CEST 2004

Hi there,
I've been using mencoder and mplayer for a couple of months now.
I mean under Windows XP with the official builds and my own compilation.
I use VOB sources or Fake AVI produced with makeAVIS(FFvfw) so I can use
Avisynth scripts which are similar to those native to mencoder but a bit more
powerful/versatile.
My question is that vbitrate doesn't seem to be respected by mencoder.
I'm shooting for MPEG2 704x576 to be DVD compliant.

Here is my commandline batch file:
mencoder -include zMEnc.ini d:\test\bttf_ma.avi -o d:\test\bttf_test.m2v

And here is my config file:
of=rawvideo=1
ovc=lavc=1
nosound=1
noskip=1
sws=2
vf=yuvcsp,crop=720:552,scale=688:528,expand=704:576
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg2video:vmax_b_frames=2:vrc_buf_size=1835:aspect=16/9:keyint
=15:vbitrate=6000:vrc_maxrate=9800

Can you verify this issue, please?
Thanks in advance.

Rui