[MPlayer-users] How to use YUV input

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Mon Apr 19 23:15:29 CEST 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:32:52 +0200
Lennert Acke <lennert.acke at easynet.be> wrote:

> Why doesn't anyone reply to my question? I thought this was a
> support mailinglist ?

It is a user list, where users (and some developers) help each other.
Noone is under any obligation to you, perhaps noone knows the answer.

> > lacke at lennert XMT $ mplayer crew_352x288_30.yuv -rawvideo
> > on:fps=30:qcif:w=352:h=288:y420
> > MPlayer 0.92-3.3.2  (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

This is quite an old version. You may benefit from an upgrade.

> > Playing crew_352x288_30.yuv
> > rawvideo: img size not specified and unknown format!

Looking at the code it seems you either specify w and h or qcif etc.
qcif implies 172x144, 352x288 is cif.
Also try i420 instead of y420. If that doesn't work try format=i420.
It looks like the manpage needs some work in this area.

Martin