[MPlayer-users] libmp3lame problem / not solved by FAQ

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 22:26:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Tuesday 20 Apr 2004 20:34, Mary Strimel wrote:
> trying to compile mplayer with mp3 encoding support...
> No matter what I do, the configuration log reports:
>> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so when searching
>> for -lmp3lame /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmp3lame
> I am running mandrake 9.2 for AMD64, and installed libmp3lame and -devel
> from some mandrake rpms I found on Sourceforge.net

Are the rpms you found 64-bit (AMD64) ones or 32-bit (x86) ones? As far as I
know, they need to be for the same target as that for which you're trying to
compile mplayer, otherwise they can't be linked together. (The "incompatible"
linker error seems to suggest that this is the case.)

Regards,
Stephen