[MPlayer-users] probably my usual stupid question of the week

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Apr 21 09:21:19 CEST 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:32:01 +0300
Jan Knutar <jknutar at nic.fi> wrote:

> I don't really like the idea of having cropdetect output values which
> are rounded/changed, to fit the constraints/preferences of one
> particular encoder/colorspace/decoder chain, solely for the purpose of
> making it a little bit easier to script with...

As I said in the first place, this was a patch for personal use only,
and I was not recomending it get comitted to CVS.   Just making it
available for others that might want to use it.  This isn't the -dev
list after all.

However, I think it would be a good idea to have cropdetect accept a
parameter that could tell it to do the same thing when requested,
without adversely affecting those that don't want the functionality.  It
would be pretty trivial, but this patch suits me, so I'm not inclined to
do it.