[MPlayer-users] getting audio to tv

rob c mplayer at iriedog.homelinux.org
Wed Apr 21 23:50:50 CEST 2004

"Andrew J. Yeckel" <ay2b at queue.org> wrote ..
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 04:30:39PM -0500, rob c wrote:
> >
> > Well, I've got mplayer running quite well on a Mandrake 9.1 either to
> > CRT or TV.  The sound is good from the audio card to my normal pc
> > speakers but how can I get the sound to the TV?
>
> > I currently have an S-Video cable running from my Nvidia MX420 to an
> > RF-Convertor and a co-ax cable takes that to the TV.  The problem is
> > there is no sound on the TV.  The audio is running out to the sound
> > card like it wants to but no sound from the TV is odd.  Is that a
> > limitation?  If so, how to work around it?
>
> Your RF-Converter should have RCA inputs for audio.  Instead of plugging
> your sound card into speakers, plug it into these RCA inputs.
>
> --Andy

I tried that (i think) using a plug with a headphone looking jack (PC end) and RCA on the other end (RF-Convertor end).  The plug on the PC side might not be right.  Maybe the metal rings on the plug aren't the right ones.  Are you sure the above receipe will work?  If so, I'm off to Radio Shack or elsewhere =)

Thanks.
rob c