[MPlayer-users] TV-Out without XServer

Paul TT paultt at hackerjournal.it
Thu Apr 22 01:59:47 CEST 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:50:18 +0200
Thorsten <d3rb at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi there!
> I'm using a Elsa Erazor X2 (GeForce 256) with TV-Out.
> I'm trying to watch movies an TV-Screen without having a running X.
> Is this possible?

i managed to do this by using -vo vesa with my /old/ toshiba with a geforce exactly like the one you have, but i had to activate the external monitor (tv-out or ext. vga) with the key-switch of the notebook (fn+F-something-i-dont-remember-now...)
so, my 3¢ are that youhave to fire up tv-out by a third party pgm, not mplayer (as far as i know)....