[MPlayer-users] libavformat configure option?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 11:07:39 CEST 2004

Stephen Stocker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed the "libavformatc" check while running configure. What
> does it do? I'm assuming I could copy the libavformat directory from
> ffmpeg to the MPlayer main directory (like the standard libavcodec)
> to use it, but I have no idea what it's for, and can't find a
> reference to it in the docs. No big deal, but I got curious!

AFAIK it isn't documented yet - whether or not it ever will be I don't
know. MPlayer (and MEncoder) can now use libavformat for demuxing,
though MEncoder cannot yet use it for muxing (*that* would be nice, but
it's probably not going to happen anytime soon, unless I get a bug up my
ass and a minor miracle in programming capability). As for enabling it,
you are correct - simply copy libavformat/ from the ffmpeg source tree
to the MPlayer source tree, and compile.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.