[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer and proxies

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 23:43:15 CEST 2004

Hans du Plooy <hans <at> ananzi.co.za> writes:

> On Saturday 24 April 2004 21:51, adland wrote:
> > mplayer -playlist http://www.antfarm.co.za/clients/highveld/highveld_22.asx
> Didn't work, it tried to connect, and, failing that, gave me the standard
> mplayer --help screen, as if I mistyped something

okay
check that the url was next to -playlist argument
see man page
also your version may not be new enough.

> except that it played about half a second and then waited for another 30
> seconds befoer playing half a second agian.  The output I get:

I never tried it originally because my cache wasnt filling up fast enough.
(ctrl-c to exit)

unfortunately when I tried playing this stream it seems to fail playback
here as well

even using a different audio output than alsa.
see mplayer -ao help