[MPlayer-users] Re: Trouble playing video streams from pbs.org

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 23:05:18 CEST 2004

> 1- WM: The javascript window that pops up doesn't contain any video, its
> just black, and I can't find a URL to a stream at all. :(  I'm guessing
> its a proxy issue.

I will explain how to do this for chapter 1.

browse to your url in a web browser which has the chapters you wanted to see

you will get

javascript:vide_window('http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/mars/media2/marsvid.html?pl
=wmp&rate=hi&ch=1')

unwrap from javascript and use wget on new link

wget "http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/mars/media2/marsvid.html?pl=wmp&rate=hi&ch=1"
 -O test.html

edit test.html
find the mms:// stream and use this in mplayer

if you check the link is probably very similar for all chapters and you can skip
the other steps just update your mms link correctly for each chapter.

good luck