[MPlayer-users] subfont

frytek newsgrabber at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Apr 26 00:36:48 CEST 2004

I symlinked the tahoma.ttf to subfont.ttf in my ~/.mencoder directory. the
gmplayer uses it and it look nice. the size of the font can be set in the gui
options.

but when i play mplayer or (and this is the actual problem) when i use a
divx2cvcd script which uses mplayer to convert divx to VCD, the font on the
screen is much too big. is there any way of making it smaller?

the only solution that i found was copying different sizes of bitmap fonts to
the ./mplayer/fonts directory. but i don't like bitmap fonts at all.

how to make a ttf font smaller in mplayer ?