[MPlayer-users] mplayer, kinoma, quicktime

Sergei Gerasenko gerases at publicschoolworks.com
Mon Apr 26 20:57:14 CEST 2004

Hi guys,

I did a quick search through the archives but didn't find anything about
this.

Here's my question. I'm trying to encode a video to export it to my
palm. The exporting is done by Kinoma which takes (MPEG1, MPEG4 and
Quicktime -- among others). Mencoder encodes beautifully but Kinoma
doesn't understand any of the mpegs that mencoder creates.

I encode in MPlayer using the lavc codecs by choosing either mpeg4 or
mpeg1video. I know mpeg4 creates divx files and I'm not sure whether
that's what Kinoma expects. mpeg1video is not understood by Kinoma either.

Can I do something about it? If not, and if I download the quicktime
codec, can I encode into quicktime?

Thanks