[MPlayer-users] Bug using ivtc with libavcodec mpeg2

Vi Mesq vmesquita287 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 02:40:04 CEST 2004

Hi,

When using the ivtc filter to perform inverse telecine, MEncoder does not
duplicate frames when needed if the target is MPEG2, causing loss of sync
over time. MEncoder does show "1 duplicated frame" warning a frame was
duplicated (what seems to be OK when the 3:2 pattern is broken), but it
doesn't actually insert the duplicated frame unless the target is AVI (I
tested with ffv1). What made me suspect about the problem is this old
message in the list:

http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2001-December/002970.html

So my guess is: MEncoder is writing 0 bytes length frames to say it's
there's a duplicated frame, what is OK with AVI but doesn't work with MPEG.
I tried to adapt the past posted in this message, but it didn't help.

Best Regards,
VMesquita