[MPlayer-users] Nobody here who can help with cutting black borders away?

caedes caedes at leprau.de
Tue Apr 27 15:09:56 CEST 2004

Rainer Hantsch wrote:

>Conclusion:
>So I must currently say, that there is currently nothing available which is
>worth to be named DOCUMENTATION or USER GUIDE and will be really helping a
>newcomer to LEARN using mencoder. And exactly this leads into my situation
>(and I am sure that I am not the only one!) that I can choose between doing a
>stupid "trial and error" (calculate by yourself how many possible combinations
>until - hopefully soon - an acceptable result is found), or asking in the
>mplayer newsgroup.
>

>mfg
>
>  Ing. Rainer Hantsch

Dear Rainer,

errm..
if you'd tried to read the manpage you prolly would have got an answer.
if you would have read the html documentation (even the german one) you
would have got an answer, as there are even examples under 2.4.3.
if you would have searched with google you would have found tutorials
and examples, maybe even in german.
i think that one can expect an "Ingenieur" to search, act and learn
self-dependent before asking such a trivial question in a mailing-list.

mfg

   Daniel