[MPlayer-users] Re: Bug using ivtc with libavcodec mpeg2

Vi Mesq vmesquita287 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 21:48:30 CEST 2004

>This is a general problem in mencoder... The A/V sync takes place
>entirely in mencoder itself (and filters have no control over it).

>I just sent a patch to mplayer-dev-eng that corrects this issue by
>encoding the duplicate frames mencoder generates (still not the right
>way, but it'll do). Unfortunately it doesn't work with B frames, and I
>assume you want to use B frames to be VCD/DVD compliant... But
>hopefully it will soon!

Rich,

Thanks for fixing this issue so fast! Two patches in less than 24 hours!
Wow!
B frames are not needed to be DVD-compilant, but of course they improve
quality
a lot, so it's very desirable to have. Unfortunatelly, I am lacking time
this week but I'll test
your patch in the weekend at the most and let you know how it goes. ;)

Best Regards,
VMesquita