[MPlayer-users] Re: realvideo streaming problem: Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: cook.so.6.0

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Apr 28 03:12:39 CEST 2004

gnx wrote:
> Sorry I missed the final (and essential) part of the error:
>
> Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
> opening shared obj '/cook.so.6.0'
> opening win32 dll 'cook.so.6.0'
> Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: cook.so.6.0,
> /usr/lib/win32/cook.so.6.0, /usr/local/lib/win32/cook.so.6.0
> Read the RealAudio section of the DOCS!
> ADecoder init failed :(
> Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
> opening win32 dll 'cook3260.dll'
> Called unk_CharNextAOpening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
> opening shared obj '/cook.so.6.0'
> opening win32 dll 'cook.so.6.0'
> Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: cook.so.6.0, /usr/lib/win32/cook.so.6.0,
> /usr/local/lib/win32/cook.so.6.0 Read the RealAudio section of the DOCS!
> ADecoder init failed :(
> Opening audi

It works fine for me right now, with CVS built about an hour ago.
1.0pre3 is pretty old, so you should consider grabbing and compiling
CVS. Or you could just wait for 1.0pre4, which will probably come out soon.

You'll also want to download the realplayer 9 codecs from this page:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/
...in case your current set is old or nonexistant.

Actually, Alex just released 1.0pre4 as I was writing this, so try that.

-Corey