[MPlayer-users] Bad audio quality for mpeg 2

Stefan Frings stefan.frings at vodafone.de
Wed Apr 28 22:57:27 CEST 2004

Hello,
the audio quality for mpeg 2 is bad on my computer and I do not know why. I
upgraded to the lastes version but it is not better. I tried alsa, oss, esd,
arts and wav file as output and all methods produce the same bad quality.

The program xine plays the same videos with excellent audio quality. I assume
that the problem is not rtelated to the audio driver but maybe a library is
bad.

Please help me to find out, what library I may need to update. How can I find
this out?