[MPlayer-users] Newbie needs help with error messages

David Lindsey davidlindsey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 16:09:33 CEST 2004

I had the same problem with mplayer-1.0-0.pre3.13mdk on my Mandrake 10
install. I'm just using the rpm, not compiling my own, but I was about
to because the docs mostly just talk about that. Also, the docs say
that the standard place to put codecs is /usr/local/codecs/ so I
created the dir and dumped the 'all' package in there but it didn't
work. The docs also mention /usr/lib/win32/ but as the 'old' place for
the codecs. As they talk about configuring, then compiling right after
they talk about where to put them. Makes it sound like the only way to
do it. Well, my 'Cannot find codec for audio format 0x324D4451'
problem went away after I made the second dir and dumped the codecs in
there. Which is great, but that leads me into the next little problem:

When I used the mailing list archive search link and searched for
'0x324D4451', it never gave me any results. It was only after doing a
random google search on the string that I hit these messages. So that
was a little irritating, it might have saved me a lot of time.

Any suggestions about where to post these two little issues where
they'll do the most good?

Thanks for reading,
David