[MPlayer-users] Alsa fails in Slackware 10.0

Roger Andreassen randreas69 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 16:24:36 CEST 2004

> > 0: bt87x
> > 1: bt87x
> > 2: snd-emu10k1
> > 3: snd-cmipci
>
>What order does lspci report the cards are in?  If it's the same you
>could try physically moving the cards into other slots to see if that
>changes the order...
>
>Of course if everything is compiled as modules it should work loading
>the snd-* ones first.

Sorry about that. I think 'bt87x' has snd- first, must check when I come
home.

My system is still a stock Slackware 10 with kernel 2.6.7, Alsa 1.0.5b with
the module packages prepared for that kernel, straight from the disc without
changes.

Until: To make things easier I'd like to know what snd-bt87x actually does.
My object was to record sound from tuners without the cables. To actually
(re-)move this module is currently the only way to put my primary sound card
as slot 0 so I can run aRts with all the KDE apps.

Yes, lspci has the Live! and C-media first, then the tuner cards. I think
the kernel boot process goes out of its way to load snd-bt87x first as card
0 and 1. If I can make /dev/snd/pcmC2Dx work I couldn't complain but mplayer
says the device doesn't exist. I have a devfs which changes over reboots so
I think it's there.

I've been looking into the 'index=' parameter, but it's hard to remember how
to use all the parameters as Slackware loads Alsa just fine without such a
modules.conf to start with.

Regards,

Roger Andreassen.