[MPlayer-users] NOVIRUS: -version flag

Wrigley, Ave Ave.Wrigley at itn.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 12:44:04 CEST 2004

> On Tuesday, 03 August 2004 at 12:09, Wrigley, Ave wrote:
> > Is there any chance of adding a -version flag to mplayer?
>
> What's wrong with
> mplayer | head -1
> ?

Nothing - if you know about it, it is just that --version (and --help,
for that matter) are useful and relatively standard options that are
easy to provide. Eric Raymond, in "The Art of Unix Programming"
(http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ch10s05.html#id2948149), provides a
useful list of standard options that you might expect to find in a UNIX
program.

> And again, there's your 30-line signature, completely out of
> proportion and totally unacceptable according to any
> netiquette. You must shorten it to the usual 4 lines.

Yes - I know! I am really sorry about this, but our corporate mail
server adds this automatically. I will try to set up another e-mail
account for posting to this list.

Ave.
This email (and any attachments) is intended solely for the individual(s) to whom addressed. It may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any statement or opinions therein are not necessarily those of ITN unless specifically stated. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or copying is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Security and reliability of the e-mail and attachments are not guaranteed. You must take full responsibility for virus checking.

Independent Television News Limited,

Registered No. 548648 England,

VAT Reg. No: GB 756 2995 81,

200 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8XZ,