[MPlayer-users] [BUG] DVD playback jerky with CVS (and ffmpeg assertion errors during 2-pass)

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Fri Aug 6 15:47:18 CEST 2004

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to report bugs with CVS, but I will
anyway. :)  I'm experiencing extremely jerky DVD playback with MPlayer
CVS from yesterday and today.  My last checkout before that was from
2004-07-14 and it works fine.

MPlayer often seems to be playing a several frames, then repeating one
from a few frames back, and then continuing where it left off.  So this
isn't a CPU issue, but seems to be a bug in the demuxer.

With this bug, when doing a two-pass encode from DVD, MPlayer
consistently barfs just at the end of the second pass:

        mencoder: ratecontrol.c:618: ff_rate_estimate_qscale: Assertion
        `picture_number<rcc->num_entries' failed.

Here is the command I used to rip:

for i in `seq 1 2`; do
   nice mencoder dvd://1 -oac copy -vf crop=720:352:0:60,hqdn3d=2:1:3 -ovc \
   lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1600:v4mv:mbd=2:trell:autoaspect:vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=1:cmp=3:subcmp=3:mbcmp=3:qprd:cbp:vpass=$i \
   -ofps 23.976 -o X2.avi
done

Such is life on the bleeding edge.  Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jason.