[MPlayer-users] Problem playing AVI files created by Matlab?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Aug 6 19:08:07 CEST 2004

DM> Confirmed. Works for me with -forceidx using official RPMs.

Still broken for me with the official RPMs; both -noidx and -forceidx
fail for me.

DM> With all due respect for Axel, I'd suggest NOT using his MPlayer
DM> RPMs.

I can deal.  I uninstalled them and installed the official packages.
The problem is exactly the same.  Everything else seems to work the
same after I rebuild things like mplayerplug-in and kplayer to fix
broken dependencies, but the failed video doesn't play at all.

I'm not well versed in this, but the mplayer output shows that my
video card doesn't support a mode that directly matches what is in the
file so it has to use a converter, and at that point is crashes.
Perhaps your card supports different video modes and so you don't see
the problem?  The output of xvinfo was included in a previous message.

 - J<