[MPlayer-users] audio not in sync even with -oac copy -mc 0

* afe0108 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 06:57:34 CEST 2004

--- rcooley <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 18:23:28 +0200
> Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote:
>
> > unless you want to keep the same frame still for 10 seconds :)
>
> It usually works the other way... skipping up to 10 seconds
> ahead, not staying 10 seconds behind.
>
> On encoding I would stick with a smaller value than 10, but on playback,
> the larger the better (most of the time).

I'm not sure whether I'd prefer skipping 10 secs ahead or having
the audio 1-10 secs ahead for even longer than that.

There are still sections of the DVD I'm encoding (the Prisoner)
that are out of sync by 1/2 sec or so.  But without using -mc 1
or -mc 10 it is even more out of sync.  I'm not sure I can tell
the difference between mc 1 and mc 10 but I am tempted to use
-mc 10 just in case it's a little better.  And it would be great
for people not to have to use -mc when they're viewing!

It's frustrating because the audio is perfectly in sync on the
DVD.

When is G2 scheduled to be released, like another year or so?