[MPlayer-users] fine tunning Mplayer

gis giswautriche at neuf.fr
Wed Aug 11 10:38:40 CEST 2004

Hi,

After spending hours setting up mplayer on my 1.8Ghz Athlon, I still
have problem with most of video, that aren't playing smooth. It's like
the player has a very short stop every seconds or so. It's tiny but very
noticeable in travelling sequences.
It looks like a disk access that is annoying the video to play.
I tried to change the cache, then the idx parameter. nothing.

I found this url about fine tunning mplayer :
http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/747/
But still, after trying autosync, mc, nothing seems to be usefull.

I'm using the debian package of mplayer on a knoppix release with
freevo. output driver is cvidix, audio is compiled alsa driver 1.0.5.
Without freevo, and only from console, the problem is the same.

please, if anyone could point me some tips.
thanks.
Gis.