[MPlayer-users] Mplayer win32 Quicktime audio problem

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Fri Aug 13 00:28:01 CEST 2004

On Thursday 12 August 2004 19:36, Bark wrote:
> Tnx for your anwser.
>
> I checked it, but indeed it didn't work in the system (or system32)
> directory.
>
> If the quicktime player does rely on registry keys does this mean that
> every windows user still has to install quicktime in order to play qt
> movies in mplayer?
>
> Maybe any other suggestions?

I just checked again on my XP system and after uninstalling QuickTime Player
QTMLClient.dll and QuickTime.qts are the only 2 quicktime files in
windows\system32. QuickTimeInternetExtras.qtx is the only file in
windows\system32\QuickTime. With this setup I am able
to play QDMC and QDM2 audio files.
Maybe you have to remove these files form the codecs subdir if you have them
there?

Sascha