[MPlayer-users] help with mplayer install in Suse 9.1

Ryan Neuman rneuman at neo.rr.com
Fri Aug 13 04:41:18 CEST 2004

I've got RPM's for Suse, and get a message about missing dependeny on
libXv.so.1.  It appears that this library is not included in the Suse
9.1 distro.  What's more, the lib is provided by
XFree86-libs-4.3.0-62...  When I try to install this package, I'm told
that its older than one already installed on my machine...

Frustrating to say the least.  Anyone help me with getting this library,
or avoiding the depedency?  I do hae libXv*.so.1 libs, just not the one
MPlayer wants.

Help!