[MPlayer-users] Problems with 1.0pre5 playing streaming mp3

Jesse F. Hughes jesse at phiwumbda.org
Mon Aug 16 21:21:59 CEST 2004

Torinthiel <torinthiel at megapolis.pl> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 02:17:54PM +0200, Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
>>
>> Hey ho.
>>
>> I upgraded from 1.0pre3 to 1.0pre5 in order to get newer ALSA interface
>> (at least, I *think* I got newer interface: -ao alsa instead of
>> -ao alsa9).  However, I have a problem now playing streaming mp3s.
>>
>> I used to use
>>
>> mplayer -cache 512 http://encode3.wduq.org:8100/playlist.pls
>
> Try adding -playlist before the URL.

Agh.  Sorry, I've been playing with the command a lot today, and I
don't know what the heck went wrong.  "-playlist" was there when I
started the day, dammit.  And I swear that it was there during some of
my tests with 1.0pre5.  But sometime, it was obviously eaten by the
laptop gremlin.

And everything inexplicably works now.

I'm an idiot.  Thanks.

--
"I have to break the code of how [mere humans] work, and I have made a
lot of progress over years of effort, and I feel like I am close to