[MPlayer-users] How I take a screenshot ??

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 14:44:05 CEST 2004

marianciuc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Mihai. Please help : I play a movie.avi with MPlayer, of
> course :-) How I take a screenshot, from this at second 250 ?
> (Example 250)

This cannot be done with just MPlayer, at least not cleanly. The closest
approximation is something like

mplayer -vo jpeg -ss 250 -frames 1 movie.avi

but this will produce two screenshots, one from approximately 250
seconds in and one from the very beginning of the file; also, -ss is
imprecise, so this will probably produce a screenshot of a place near
but not at the desired offset.

Your best bet is to play the file in a window, pause it when it's t the
place you want to capture, and use a separate program for grabbing the
image into a file; I have, in the past, used scrot for that purpose, and
it has worked quite well.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.