[MPlayer-users] mplayerplug-in not working in liveCD

airplays55 at yahoo.com airplays55 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 00:04:57 CEST 2004

I'm using knoppix LiveCD 3.4 so my /usr/bin, /usr/lib
is unwriteable, however I am able to install the
mplayer libraries along with the kplayer frontend.  I
also installed mplayerplug-in by compiling the source.

What I'd love is to be able to get mplayerplug-in
working  in mozilla when playing live streams, but it
wont render video, just a text message stating that
its playing mms://url.  Is there a way to trace and
debug that?

Alternatively, if I go a different route and install
mplayer onto a harddrive, I see that the default
mplayer frontend has the video window detached from
the control panel which I don't like.  Why is that?
And what is the easiest way to install a frontend that
integrates the control panel with the display window?