[MPlayer-users] How I take a screenshot ??

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Aug 21 18:51:31 CEST 2004

ivanova wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:44:05 -0400 The Wanderer
> <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Your best bet is to play the file in a window, pause it when it's
>> at the place you want to capture, and use a separate program for
>> grabbing the image into a file; I have, in the past, used scrot for
>> that purpose, and it has worked quite well.
>
> This does not work if you use overlay - at least for me.

"Does not work", how? What goes wrong?

As a separate note, the one potential problem which I knew about but
forgot to mention in the previous suggestion is that the
grab-screenshot-with-separate-program method will not work with some -vo
methods, because pausing MPlayer and switching window focus repeatedly
will soon result in the video window blanking to blue (or, at least, it
does for me).

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.