[MPlayer-users] Can't Play Encoded files in Windows & Merging Problem

Mahtab Hossain mahtab_hossain2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 08:33:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

So far, this site has been very helpful for a new-bie
like me in Mencoder for me. I have another two
problems though. First, I converted a .vob file into
.avi file with Mencoder with the following command. It
plays alright in MPlayer and also in Xine but couldn't
play it in Windows (Windows Media Player, Real Player
or Hero software) - No sound, No picture & No message.
Any suggestions?

$ mencoder movie.vob -oac mp3lame -lameopts
vbr=3:abr=128:q=0:aq=0 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vpass=1:vbitrate=850 -o movie.avi

The second problem is, I converted four .vob files
with the same above command. They play perfectly
individually but when I tried to merge them, only in
the first file, the audio and video is synchronized
but with the rest 3 portions, the audio is lagging a
little bit behind the video. I tried to dump the
stream with delay option and then encoded again but
with no luck....

The commands used:

mencoder -idx movie1.avi -oac copy -ovc copy -o
movie1new.avi

mencoder -idx movie2.avi -oac copy -ovc copy -o
movie2new.avi

cat movie1new.avi movie2new.avi > movienew.avi

mencoder -noidx movienew.avi -oac copy -ovc copy
MOVIE.avi

Thanks in Advance
Mahtab