[MPlayer-users] Tag showing bug

mhfan meihui.fan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 18:50:36 CEST 2004

Hi,

I had found the MPlayer can't show me the tag information(name,
author, comments) of the WMA/ASF file correctly. Then I read the
libmpdemux/asfheader.c, and found the author simply pack the original
tag string  encoding by UCS-2 of WMA file. So the MPlayer can't output
the wide characters in right coding. I think it should judge the
encoding system by check the locale information for the user, and then
convert the UCS-2 coded string to the target encoding previouly
judeged.

--
Regards,
Meihui Fan