[MPlayer-users] GMPlayer

Troodon g_muppet at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 21:07:04 CEST 2004

Hi all--

I am absolutely impressed with mplayer! It can play virtually any type of
videoclip. Using GMPlayer mplayer-1.0pre5-1 on RH 9+ AMD K6-2 500 w/ 256MB RAM.

Four features are missing for gmplayer to be my "ideal" media player. First, I
would like the videoclip window to remain open when finished playing, allowing
me to use a slider to "scroll through" the movieclip (a la windows media player,
or realplayer); currently, a window does remain open but it displays the splash
screen rather than a frame of the last played videoclip. Second, I would like to
have an option "repeat forever". Third, it would be great if a standard gui were
avaibale, with menus and a Gnome or KDE interface/controls (see, for example,
Helix Player for Linux from RealNetworks). And fourth, a feature to open
videoclips in a single player window rather than launch multiple instances of
mplayer every time a open a file.

Thanks.