[MPlayer-users] MPlayer needs realplayer batch/playlist file support

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Aug 28 20:19:45 CEST 2004

Mark Stier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Firefox/plugger/mplayer don't work here:
>
> http://www.tagesschau.de/aktuell/meldungen/0,1185,OID3529412,00.html
>
> That page contains links to .ram files with content like
>
>> rtsp://213.200.64.209/tagesschau/realmedia/2004/0828/TV-20040828-1247-2201.ra.lo.rm
>> --stop--
>> pnm://video.real.com/gogetg2.ra

These are playlists. Use 'mplayer -playlist <URL>'; I tried a couple of
those links at random, and they work just fine for me that way,
including moving on to the second file after finishing with the first.

There is to the best of my knowledge not currently any way to get any of
the MPlayer browser-plugin wrappers to do this automatically, although a
I have a couple of ideas I'd need to experiment with for how to work
around it; your best bet is just to grab the URL and then play it via
MPlayer directly.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.