[MPlayer-users] Re: RTSP stream won play, RealPlayer 8

adland123 adland123 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 10:14:43 CEST 2004

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik <at> rangers.eu.org> writes:
>Maybe we could add
> support for SMI playlists?

Just a note we already have some support for smil playlists when not inside an
 RTSP stream which would be fetched via http for example.

In the current code I am not sure if data from the RTSP stream is sent to
playtreeparser for parsing out future URLs.

also the server immediately sends back 404 not found for our request of the
 file using the normal -playlist method.

(used a packet capture tool ethereal to watch)

Adding the -user-agent option like

mplayer -user-agent "NSPlayer/4.0" -playlist
"rtsp://rx-wes-sea137.rbn.com/farm/*/usanet/usanet/g2demand/scifi/g2set/
series/cod/cod_episode04_highband.smi"

seemed to help with 200 OK response and more messages passed but it still
 does not play.

I also tried to play this URL as you have listed above using several players.
MPlayer,xine,vlc did not work.

possibly the helix realplayer client might work since this matches the remote ]
server they are using but I dont have it installed on my system.

this is my quick analysis of the situtation as it is now.