[MPlayer-users] encode2mpeg 0.3.1 possible bug but encoding OK

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Wed Dec 1 21:49:12 CET 2004

> >Ok, then these errors are not armless. My question is:
> >What do I do?
> >
> >For example this is a very simple mencoder command line that just encode
> >few seconds of the beginning of a DVD.
> >mencoder -o TEST.mpg dvd://1 -frames 100 -ofps 30000/1001
> > -vf scale=720:480,harddup -oac copy -of mpeg -ovc lavc
> > -lavcopts
> > vcodec=mpeg2video:aspect=16/9:vbitrate=7500:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=7500
> >
> >I have plenty of:
> >Error in stream: PTS earlier than SCR!
> >Error in stream: PTS to SCR delay 0 is too little!
> >
> >and some
> >
> >Warning: DTS to SCR delay is too small.
> >
> >What is causing them?
> >How can avoid them?
> >
> >Giacomo
> >

> with the current muxer there's nothing you can do to prevent them.
> My new muxer seems to work correctly with fixed fps movies,
> and the algorythm used to calculate SCR should avoid avoid pts/dts
> underruns,
> but there are still bugs left and some pathological cases, so you can
> either wait some more :) or try my patch (search in mplayer-users-november).

Mmm...
I was not completly wrong when I was saying to ignore them.
If there is nothing I can do to prevent them I can only ignore them.

I have your patch in my mailbox but I didn't have time to
test it. I know it will be good for encode2mpeg because in same
cases it will not me necessary to use mplex for dvd authoring.

Will your new muxer be able to mux ac3 audio?
And LPCM (lower priority compared to ac3)?

Giacomo