[MPlayer-users] Mplayer GUI NOT give sound when using USB audio Headset

Rocky Zhang rocky at userful.com
Tue Dec 7 18:11:27 CET 2004

Hi,

I installed Mplayer (mplayer-1.0-0.12.20041025.1.fc3.fr) on Fedora Core
3 ( Kernel 2.6.9-1.667 ). And I install additional Logitech USB headset
which plug in USB port. "esd -h" command output is as followed:

"Possible devices are:  hw:0  (Intel ICH5)
                       hw:1  (Logitech USB Headset)"

I use mplayer command and set -ao options, it seems works. The mplayer
command is "mplayer -ao alsa:device=hw=1.0 test.asf". I can also write
to $HOME/.mplayer/config file. But the mplayer GUI sound seems never
work, no sound there. I looked into $HOME/.mplayer/gui.conf, and
modified the line " ao_driver = 'alsa' " to " ao_driver =
'alsa:device=hw=1.0' ", and it still does not work.

Any solution to make mplayer GUI work with sound? In fact I use the same
approach as mplayer in Fedora Core 2, it seems work there.

Thanks.

Rocky