[MPlayer-users] playlist file syntax

James Gatt james168 at softcookie.com
Fri Dec 10 12:25:32 CET 2004

Quoting Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>:

> no need for that many slashes - both '#' and '//' at the beginning of
> the line are interpreted as comments by the current parser - so you
> won't remove a feature.

I respect that # is possibly not used at the beginning of a filename as much as
" is used within a filename, but it is still a perfectly valid character to
have at the start of the filename in Linux. I just wanted to point out the
double standard here - on the one hand people advocate that the program should
not present a limit on filenames beyond the filesystem itself, and on the other
hand it already does.